Are you hungry? Why you should take a food tour…
One of the best ways to really get to know a city and the sights is through a food tour. You are not only walking around the city to get to the various eateries but you are seeing the sights along the way. You might walk right past the Trevi Fountain on the way to get Gelato, or you may walk down the Champs Elysées to taste some caramels. My most favorite time is when we walk through the most hidden streets or canals of a city that I would have not seen if I hadn’t taken a food tour. Popping into a hot chocolate store in Budapest on a cold, rainy day. What a pleasant surprise.
Another great reason to take a food tour is you may not be familiar with the cuisine in the area. I didn’t know that in Romania they served smoked lard. This is something that I would never have tried here in the states, but over there they serve it with lunch followed by a shot of Pálinka, which is a traditional fruit brandy in Eastern Europe. I was pleasantly surprised by both flavors, favoring the Pálinka over the smoked lard.
So when you are traveling to your next destination, consider stepping out on a food tour. Get to know the sights while getting to know the local cuisine. Here are some of the most delicious food tours around the world. #1 being one of the tours that our Life is Better Traveling clients say they have loved doing.
- Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan Farmhouse with Local Market Tour from Florence – pick fresh ingredients at a local market and learn to cook authentic Italian food. (My clients rave about this tour!)
- New Orleans Cooking Class – get to know a local chef and learn how to make some of Louisiana’s most famous soul food.
- Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District – visit eateries favored by Romans in the Prati neighborhood.
- Paris Secret Food Tour: Taste of Montmartre – enjoy a variety of French favorites in one of Paris’ most charming neighborhoods.
- Little Havana Food and Walking Tour in Miami – one of the best ways to enjoy this historic neighborhood and sample a taste of Cuban fare.
- Madrid Tapas and Wine Tasting Tour – explore the city’s culture through tapas and wine on this guided tour.
- Colonial Tramcar Restaurant Tour of Melbourne – dine on gourmet cuisine as you ride through Melbourne on a vintage 1948 tramcar.
- Tapas and Wine Experience Small-Group Walking Tour – discover Catalonian food traditions in Barcelona while exploring on foot with a guide.
- Brussels Chocolate Walking Tour and Workshop – see some of the city landmarks on the way to a chocolate workshop led by a master chocolatier.
- Tokyo by Night: Japanese Food Tour – accompany a local guide through one of Tokyo’s most well-known areas for yakitori.
Fill out the form below to get started planning your next European Vacation. Looking for a motor coach tour, self-drive, or private tour, we can easily put together the perfect European vacation for you and your family’s needs.
When you book your vacation with a member of the Life is Better Traveling Team, you are supporting local families and business. Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the past 4 years, we have become an AMAZING travel agency due to your support!